Sodium metabisulfite is a non-organic chemical compound with a wide range of industrial applications. This inorganic compound, which is formed from the combination of sodium, hydrogen, and oxygen, is also known as sodium pyrosulfite. Sodium metabisulfite is an ionic compound containing a cation and is produced in industrial and food-grade varieties. It is a white powdery substance with a very unpleasant and pungent odor that readily dissolves in water. This ionic compound is used in most industries as a disinfectant and antioxidant and has many customers. Therefore, the export of sodium metabisulfite is of special importance.
RAAG Trading Company, based on the increasing needs of its customers, is engaged in supplying, distributing, and selling high-quality sodium metabisulfite nationally and internationally. Therefore, our business area is not limited to meeting the needs of domestic industries, and exporting sodium metabisulfite and other chemical materials to friendly neighboring countries such as Iraq, Turkey, Afghanistan, and Russia is one of our main missions. To purchase any type of cleaning raw materials and other chemical materials, please contact Raag experts.
The price of this substance depends on various factors such as currency fluctuations, global oil prices, the producing company, the supplying company, market competitiveness, and the product’s purity percentage. Therefore, for real-time price inquiries and purchasing sodium metabisulfite, it is better to contact our experts at Raag Trading Company. It is obvious that the higher the quality of the product, the higher the price. Therefore, make sure of the quality of sodium metabisulfite before purchasing and exporting it.
RAAG Trading Company usually supplies sodium metabisulfite in powder form, packaged in 20 kilogram bags. Additionally, upon customer request, this product is available for sale in bulk, packaged in jumbo bags. If you are looking to export sodium metabisulfite, be sure to discuss packaging and shipping options with RAAG sales experts and team to receive the best recommendations.
Manufacturers produce this substance using various methods. However, many manufacturers produce sodium metabisulfite by evaporating a saturated solution of sodium sulfite with sulfur dioxide gas. To export sodium metabisulfite, the highest quality product must be selected and procured.
Other Names: This compound is also known as sodium metabisulfite, sodium pyrosulfite, sodium pyrosulphite, disodium metabisulfite, and disodium pyrosulfite.
The numerous industrial applications of chemical raw materials make sodium metabisulfite a highly sought-out export commodity. Some of its many uses include:
– As an activator in acrylonitrile polymerization
– In water treatment plants for chlorine removal prior to reverse osmosis
– In alkane chlorination industries for neutralizing chlorine
– In food industry as a preservative and anti-spoilage agent
– In leather tanning industry for de-liming of hides
– In wastewater treatment plants for chromium ion removal
– As a chlorine remover after nylon whitening
– As a source of SO2 (mixed with air or oxygen) in gold cyanidation processes
– As a reducing agent for purification and separation of aldehydes and ketones in chemical industries
– In the production of certain organic pigments
– As a whitener in various industries
– In sodium sulfite-free processes for chlorine removal
– In leather tanning industry for de-liming of hides
– As a disinfectant, antioxidant, and anti-spoilage agent
– In construction industry for producing concrete plasticizers, etc.
– In photography industry for acidifying fixer solution
– In water treatment plants for chlorine removal prior to reverse osmosis in protein whitening
– In wastewater treatment plants for hexavalent chromium ion removal and for separating excess chlorine after cyanide ion destruction
– As a preservative and anti-spoilage agent, particularly in shrimp, vinegar and lemon juice, seafood, dried fruits, etc.
– In paper manufacturing for bleaching and for reviving and separating aldehydes and ketones, for producing sulfonates (base material in baby shampoos), and for producing some organic pigments
– In textile industry for cleaning and whitening wool and other natural fibers, for producing maroon colors, as a chlorine remover after nylon whitening, and as an activator in acrylonitrile polymerization
– In pharmaceutical industry for producing acetaminophen and for adding to some medications in small amounts.
Sodium metabisulfite is used in the food industry as a preservative and anti-spoilage agent, particularly in shrimp, fruit juice, vinegar and lemon juice, seafood, dried fruits, and more. Therefore, the export of sodium metabisulfite has a good market in the food industry. Although the World Health Organization has approved the use of this product in food grade in general, excessive use of it in food can lead to liver problems.
Due to the toxic nature of this substance, it must be stored in a protective container. If the insulation is weak, there is a possibility of combining sodium metabisulfite with oxygen and releasing toxic gas, sulfur dioxide. The storage temperature is another factor to consider when storing this substance because if the temperature and humidity of the storage is higher than 25 degrees Celsius and 45%, respectively, it can cause the solution to change. Although this substance has non-flammable properties, sodium metabisulfite begins to decompose and release toxic gases and hazardous oxides of sodium and sulfur at a temperature of 150 degrees Celsius. Also, the combination of these toxic gases with water and their entry into the environment has many risks. Additionally, to prevent corrosion, this combination must be kept away from metals. If you are preparing sodium metabisulfite for export, be sure to follow safety precautions during storage and transportation.
Sodium metabisulfite is usually sold in powder form in 20-kilogram bags, and in the case of bulk orders, it is sold in side bags. The packaging for exporting sodium metabisulfite is standard and is determined based on the volume purchased.
This inorganic chemical compound is classified as a hazardous chemical because exposure to it can cause problems such as asthma, respiratory diseases, headaches, irregular heartbeat, skin burning and itching, redness and tearing of the eyes, digestive system irritation, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. For this reason, you should be careful when working with it and follow the following precautions:
1- Always store sodium metabisulfite in an environment away from acids and chemicals.
2- note that this substance must be stored in an appropriate warehouse (dry and cool environment).
3- Use impermeable gloves, safety glasses, and protective clothing when working with sodium metabisulfite.
4- Never allow sodium metabisulfite to penetrate into groundwater, surface water, or sewage systems. Because its release can cause the death of fish and disrupt the ecosystem.
5- If this substance comes into contact with your body, quickly change your clothes and go to a medical center for treatment.
6- If sodium metabisulfite leaks onto the ground, wash the area with water immediately.
When buying and exporting sodium metabisulfite, pay attention to all safety precautions and follow them.
Many detergent manufacturers and various industries are major buyers of sodium metabisulfite. Therefore, buying this substance for exporting sodium metabisulfite is facing an increasing demand. If you also intend to buy sodium metabisulfite, you can contact us via the phone numbers listed on this page and place your order. RAAG Trading Company will send you the best product as soon as possible.